Experienced Business Attorney Serving Northern California
At The Law Office of Stephen M. Beckwith, we represent clients in a wide range of legal matters. Santa Rosa real estate attorney Stephen M. Beckwith has more than 27 years of experience helping Northern California clients. Both attorney Beckwith and legal secretary and office administrator Kymm have experience as business owners to help provide our clients with in-depth, personalized legal service.
We represent clients in formation, expansion or dissolution of business entities:
- Limited liability corporations (LLCs)
- Joint ventures
- Sole proprietorships
- Other business entities
With 27 years of experience representing clients in Northern California, as well as personal experience in business ownership, we focus especially on helping closely held and family-owned businesses.
Business Transactions and Contracts
We represent Northern California business owners in matters that include:
- Business purchases and sales
- Corporate entity formation and partnership agreements involving limited liability partnerships, limited liability corporations and other entity types
- Contract negotiation, drafting and review
Enforcement of Judgments/Collections
We provide sound legal counsel and representation in all phases of the collections process, from the initial consultation to post-judgment collections. We have extensive experience in collections techniques and actions to get the most from the debtor.
We represent landlords throughout the legally complex eviction process.
We counsel and assist clients with a wide variety of commercial and residential real estate transactions and agreements, including:
- Purchase, sale or exchange of property
- Property solutions for joint ventures, LLCs and other business entities
- Right of way and boundary disputes
- Reviews of appraisal reports both commercial and residential
We represent property owners, brokers, agents and others in all types of real estate disputes in California courts, in administrative hearings, mediation and arbitration.
We handle a range of business disputes, including:
- Contract disputes
- Commercial lease disputes
- Business dissolution
Civil Trial Practice ∙ Alternative Dispute Resolution
We provide aggressive and effective representation of clients in state courts in a wide variety of civil disputes. Whenever possible, we solve our clients’ disputes through alternative dispute resolution (ADR) methods that include mediation and arbitration.